Philips Hue Bulb is one of the leading products when it comes to smart bulbs. It allows users to easily manage their home lighting.
So, it’s a must-have for those who are looking for the convenience of lights that can be controlled by an app or by using your voice.
With just a few taps on your phone, you can easily turn on, turn off and even dim your lights using the Hue App. You can also pair your Philips Hue bulb with smart assistants like Alexa.
As convenient as it is, there are times when you may encounter connectivity issues that require troubleshooting. This article will cover everything you need to know how to reset Philips Hue bulb with Alexa.
Reset Your Hue Bulb With Alexa App
To reset your Philips Hue bulb with Alexa, you’ll need to disconnect it first and then reconnect it afterward.
To disconnect your Philips Hue bulb from Alexa, follow these steps:
- Open your Alexa App.
- Head over to the Devices tab located in the lower right corner of the app.
- Select the light or bulb that you want to reset.
- Click on the trash icon in the upper right corner.
- Confirm that you want to delete the light or bulb from your Alexa system.
- Turn off your Philips Hue bulb.
Now that you successfully disconnected your Hue bulb from Alexa, it’s time to reconnect them.
Before reconnecting, make sure that you have the latest Echo device software by simply asking, “Alexa, check for software updates.”
If your software is not up to date, simply follow the prompts from your Echo device to update first. Then, follow the steps below to reconnect your Hue bulb:
- Power up your Philips Hue smart bulb
- Wait until Alexa or your Alexa app say, “New light found.” This means that your device is ready to use
If your Echo device was unsuccessful in discovering your Philips Hue bulb or light, say, “Alexa, discover devices.” Stand by until your light is discovered.
When Do You Need to Reset Your Philips Hue Bulb?
Resetting your Philips Hue bulb can be a bit of a hassle, so how do you know it’s necessary?
Here’s a list of the most common problems that require a reset of your Hue bulb:
- The bulb is no longer being recognized by Alexa.
- The bulb is connected to more than one Echo device
- The Hue bulb is having color or sync issues
- If you accidentally deleted your Philips Hue bulb from your Alexa app and it won’t detect your bulb anymore
There are times that even a reset would not resolve the pairing issue you have with your Philips Hue bulb to Alexa.
Here are some alternatives that you can try in order to troubleshoot in these situations.
Power Cycle Your Hue Bridge
Philip Hue bulbs connect to the internet with the help of the Hue Bridge SmartHome system. The hue bridge acts like a command center, telling them when to turn on and when to turn off.
The good news is that most connectivity issues can be fixed by performing a power cycle with your Hue Bridge.
To power cycle your Hue Bridge:
- Unplug your Hue Bridge.
- Wait for at least 1 minute.
- Plug your Hue Bridge back into the outlet and wait for it to automatically power up.
That should be all it takes to resolve many situations where your Hue Bulb is not communicating properly with Alexa.
Reset your Hue Bridge
If power cycling the Hue Bridge doesn’t fix the problem, resetting it might just do the trick.
Keep in mind that performing a reset on your Hue Bridge will return the device to factory settings.
This means that you may lose all of your settings and preferences, and will need to set the Hue Bridge back up again like you did when you first bought it. The good news, however, is that factory resets are unlikely to cause any damage and are generally very safe.
Here’s how you can reset your Hue Bridge:
- Make sure that the Hue Bridge is on.
- Remove the ethernet cable from the Hue Bridge.
- Turn the Bridge upside down.
- Press and hold the reset button for 5 seconds using a pointed tool such as a paperclip.
- The indicator light on the front will blink when the reset is in progress.
- Once the light stops blinking, the reset is done.
After the light stops blinking, you will need to set up your Hue Bridge again. This should only take a couple of minutes.
Disable and Re-Enable Alexa Skill
There are times when Alexa can’t connect to the Hue Bridge, but the bridge still recognizes your Alexa as a connected device. You may be able to fix it by disabling and re-enabling the Alexa skill.
Here’s how to reset a skill using your Alexa app:
- Open the Alexa App.
- Tap More.
- Go to the Skills & Games tab.
- Open the search bar.
- Type “Hue” into the search bar.
- Tap Disable Skill.
- Wait for at least a minute to ensure that the skill has been disabled.
- Tap Enable to Use to re-enable the skill.
That’s all there is to it! Now you can try adjusting your Hue lights using Alexa to check if the connection to your Hue Bridge is working properly.
Resetting your Philips Hue bulb with Alexa isn’t that hard when you know how to do it. Always remember that no matter how convenient technology is, troubleshooting always comes with it.
In this guide, we covered three easy steps that you can take to fix issues:
- Disconnect and reconnect your Hue Bulb using the Alexa app.
- Power cycle your Hue Bridge.
- Disable and then re-enable the “Hue” skill in the Alexa app.
By following these steps, you should now be able to reset your Philips Hue bulb with your Alexa app when you encounter any problems with it.