SkyBell is a smart doorbell that allows you to see, hear, and speak to visitors through your phone. However, you might face some issues with the SkyBell that require a factory reset.
So if you’re wondering how to reset SkyBell the right way, you’re in the right place!
Below you’ll find a detailed, step-by-step guide to help you perform a soft and hard reset on your SkyBell. I’ll also cover which situations can be helped with a reset, and which type you should use.
Let’s get right into it!
How to Reset SkyBell
To reset your SkyBell video doorbell, press and hold the SkyBell button for roughly 45 seconds. Once the LED light turns blue, release the button and wait for the SkyBell to restart. To perform a factory reset, wait for the LED light to turn yellow and then release the button.
How to Perform a Soft Reset on SkyBell
If you’re facing any issues with your SkyBell, you might want to try performing a soft reset first.
A “soft” reset doesn’t remove any data or settings from the SkyBell camera. Instead, it simply restarts the device completely, which can help with some simpler connection issues.
A soft reset can also help if your SkyBell isn’t recording activity or you are having trouble accessing Live View through the app.
The following will guide you through performing a soft reset:
- First, press and hold the SkyBell button for around 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- You’ll notice that the LED will start flashing green. Then, it will flash red and green. Finally, it will flash blue.
- Once the LED flashes blue, release the button and the soft reboot will start. It can take around 1 to 2 minutes for the SkyBell to completely reboot itself.
- After the soft reset is complete, the SkyBell will automatically connect to your saved Wi-Fi network and operate normally.
After trying these steps, check to see if you are still experiencing any issues with your SkyBell camera.
How to Perform a Hard Reset on SkyBell
If the soft reset didn’t fix the issue, you might want to perform a hard reset on your SkyBell.
However, you should know that performing a factory reset will erase all data and settings saved on your SkyBell. So, you’ll need to set up and sync the SkyBell again after the process is finished.
That being said, you can proceed with the following steps to perform a hard reset on your SkyBell:
- Press and hold the SkyBell button for around 45 seconds to 1 minute.
- The LED light will start flashing green, followed by red/green lights. After that, the LED light will flash blue, and finally yellow.
- Once the LED light starts flashing yellow, release the SkyBell button. The factory reset will start, and it usually takes around a minute or two.
- While you are waiting for this to finish, you can open the SkyBell app on your phone and delete the device from the list.
- Once the LED light starts flashing red and green, add the SkyBell device once again to your app.
- Finally, set up your SkyBell and connect it to your Wi-Fi network.
Can I Perform a Hard Reset on All SkyBell Versions?
Unfortunately, you shouldn’t perform a hard reset on SkyBell version 1. The device will have trouble syncing the data and you may have trouble setting it back up. For all other versions of the SkyBell, you can safely perform a factory reset.
What to Do if Resetting the SkyBell Didn’t Fix the Issue?
If performing a hard reset on your SkyBell didn’t fix the problem, you might be facing a hardware issue. In this case, the best thing to do is to contact SkyBell support for further help.
Where is the SkyBell reset button?
To reset a SkyBell video doorbell, press and hold the SkyBell button for about 45 seconds. The LED light will change colors the longer you hold the button down. For a soft reset, release the button when you see the blue light, and for a factory reset release the button when you see the yellow light.
Let’s recap everything we covered in order to reset SkyBell.
You can perform a soft reset by holding down the SkyBell button until the LED light flashes blue. Then re-sync your device using the app.
To perform a hard reset, however, you’ll need to press and hold the SkyBell button until the LED light flashes yellow. Then, remove the device from your list and add it again.
It’s important to remember that a factory reset will remove all data and any saved settings you have on the SkyBell, so it’s best to try a soft reset first in case that resolves your issue.
If you’re more of a visual learner, you can also refer to the video below to see this process in action: