NordicTrack bikes are a good way to keep yourself healthy and fit while staying at home. However, some issues, like faulty consoles, can keep us from fully enjoying their benefits.
There are three possible explanations for why your NordicTrack display is not working. Some of the common causes are a faulty power supply, a misaligned reed switch, and malfunctioning software that results in a frozen white or blue screen.
To know more about the causes and the best possible solutions if your NordicTrack bike display not working, let’s take a look at some of the common causes and how to fix them.
NordicTrack Bike Display Not Working
If you experience an issue with your NordicTrack bike display, it’s important to check the power supply and reed switch to make sure nothing has become loosened. A frozen screen is usually the result of a software update issue. You can factory reset your console to resolve most display issues.
3 Causes of NordicTrack Screen Issue
No Power Supply
The power supply is what makes your NordicTrack bike function, including your console display. Hence, it’s important to inspect if your device is receiving the power it needs to run.
There are three critical things to look for when determining whether your machine is receiving enough power to function properly. Those are your power cord, console cords, and wall outlet.
Misaligned Reed Switch
The reed switch is a device that’s designed to monitor the flywheel’s speed of your NordicTrack bike. It then communicates this info to the console.
So if your screen is displaying the wrong numbers when you’re using your bike, you could be dealing with a misaligned reed switch. You will need to troubleshoot your reed switch if this sounds like it could be the issue with your bike display.
White or Blue Screen Loop
In case your NordicTrack display is frozen to a white or blue screen, then your console is stuck in what is called a “loop”.
Loops on your screen are commonly caused by a faulty software loading issue. When your console is having trouble loading its software, usually due to a faulty update, it’ll alternate between a white and a blue screen.
If you notice your screen freezing or becoming unresponsive, you can try factory resetting your console.
NordicTrack Screen Troubleshooting Methods
If you believe the problem with your NordicTrack bike screen is one of the issues listed above, read our troubleshooting guides before thinking of spending money on repairs.
Troubleshooting The Power Source
The power source is the first thing to inspect once any electronic device is not functioning. The same is true for your NordicTrack bike console.
Here’s how to troubleshoot your console’s power source:
- Begin by checking if your wall outlet has power by plugging in another gadget.
- If you have a faulty wall outlet, you might need to move your machine elsewhere.
- Next, inspect if your power cord and plug are free of any damage and if they’re fastened securely to your outlet.
- Make sure that the power switch of your console is in the reset position.
- Check the wires and pins at the back of your console to see if they’re properly connected to their appropriate receptacles.
- Finally, try to power cycle the machine by turning it off for a few minutes before turning it back on.
2. Troubleshooting Your Reed Switch
If your console is not accurately reflecting the numbers while you’re using the machine, then the most probable cause is a misaligned reed switch.
Here are the steps to align and adjust your reed switch to get you back on track:
- Start by unplugging your machine from the power outlet for safety.
- Next, remove one of the side shields to access the reed switch.
- If you’re not sure how to remove the side shields, refer to the user manual under the “Maintenance and Troubleshooting” section.
- If you identified your reed switch, you need to align it with your pulley magnet by cranking one of the pedals around.
- Once aligned, loosen the adjustment screw of the reed switch using a screwdriver.
- Before tightening the screw again, move the reed switch away from the pulley magnet by about 1/8 of an inch.
- Plug back in the power cord and start rotating the pedals while watching to see if the console is showing the correct numbers.
- Repeat the process until your console shows the correct feedback.
3. Factory Resetting Your Console
If your console is stuck on a white or blue screen, resetting it is the best course of action to resolve your problem.
Here’s how to reset your console:
- First, locate the reset pinhole at the side of your console.
- Insert a pin or paperclip inside the pinhole, then press and hold.
- While holding, have someone turn the power off for three seconds before turning it back on.
- Release the paper clip or pin once the screen turns on.
- Finally, follow the instructions on the screen.
I’ve covered a few of the common reasons for a NordicTrack bike display not working. Your power source, out-of-phase components, or defective software can all be to blame.
A malfunctioning screen could really take away from your overall experience with NordicTrack exercise bikes. However, with this troubleshooting guide, hopefully you are able to fix your console issues without having to hire someone to repair your bike.